Friday, October 26, 2012

Predictions for Michigan/Nebraska and MSU/Wisconsin


Michigan and Michigan State each have big games today. Here are my picks for both contests.

Michigan at Nebraska
Nebraska is a very good team at home and not so strong on the road. Unfortunately for Michigan, the Wolverines have to face the Cornhuskers in Lincoln. If Michigan is to win this game, I see it having to grind out the victory in a relatively high-scoring contest. Michigan should be able to move the ball consistently on offense but I do see Nebraska picking up some big plays on the Wolverines’ defense. I don’t necessarily feel good about this pick, but I do feel Michigan will get the victory. I see Denard Robinson having a big day on the ground and hitting enough passes to keep the Wolverines ahead. I also feel that Brady Hoke is a better coach than Bo Pelini, which gives Michigan a slight edge, even on the road.
Michigan 34, Nebraska 27

MSU at Wisconsin
I think Michigan State can win this game, but I don’t think the Spartans will win this game. The Badgers aren’t the same team they were a year ago, but neither is MSU. I think the offensive struggles will continue, mainly due to the offensive line issues. Wisconsin won’t light up the scoreboard, but I do think the Badgers have started to gel enough to put some scoring drives together. It won’t take many points to beat the Spartans on Saturday and I expect Wisconsin to be motivated to pick up a win over MSU in the regular season after losing at Spartan Stadium the last two years.
Wisconsin 20, Michigan State 13 

No comments:

Post a Comment